Covid-19 Update - Stage 4 restrictions
Wandin Vet Clinic remains open for veterinary care. Veterinary clinics remain an essential service and are permitted to continue operating. As veterinary professionals, infection control is a routine part of our day and we already have thorough hygiene practices in place. We are adopting extra precautionary measures and our team are keeping up to date with the latest recommendations as the situation evolves.
We ask you to please;
1. Limit the number of people presenting your pet to the clinic to just one owner. Other people should wait in the car. Maximum of two clients in the waiting room.
2. Ring ahead to organise medication and prescription repeats.
3. Minimise contact with staff and other clients and maintain social distancing
4. Use the non contact hand sanitiser gel provided outside the front door and at the front desk upon arrival at the clinic.
5. Avoid unnecessary visits to the clinic such as routine nail trimmings, etc.
6. Please read updated notices on our front door before entering.
7. Stop cash transactions and make payments via Card or EFT.
8. Masks are mandatory as per Victorian State regulations.
There are no restrictions on clients attending veterinary clinics - even if the veterinary clinic is not within a 5km radius of their home. Seeking veterinary care is considered 'health and care' and is therefore exempt from curfew hours - although appointments should be made within curfew hours if possible.
If your pet needs veterinary attention and;
1. You have been overseas within the last 14 days
2. You are experiencing symptoms or contacted someone with symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness, shortness of breath)
3. You need to self isolate
then do not enter the clinic and phone us and we can make a plan in line with the current social distancing recommendations.
Please note, at this stage there is no evidence that COVID-19 can cause disease in our pets, or that pets can transmit COVID-19 to other animals and humans.
Our team is commited to providing your pets with the best possible care, whilst also doing our part to slow the spread of the disease, to protect the vulnerable members of our community.
Our dedicated team is always here for your pets
Our Veterinary Hospital provides modern, professional and affordable health care for your pets. We aim to make your pet feel at ease in our clinic with a caring and gentle approach to treatment and consultations. Our dedicated staff and leading veterinarians are all passionate about pets and avid animal lovers.
At our clinc, you’ll be fully supported with sound advice first and foremost. We know that helping our clients starts with providing a good understanding of health care issues and treatment options. With good advice and professional recommendations, you’ll be well equipped to make the best ongoing health care decisions for your pet.
With fully equipped examination rooms, diagnostic machines and pharmacy we provide on-the-spot assistance for nearly all pet health and medical needs. Take a moment to meet our team and our own pets. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again at the next scheduled visit.
A big part of our local community
We are located in the Yarra Valley and offer veterinary care for all creatures great and small. Our clinic has been providing service to the Wandin community and surrounds for over 25 years. Being so strongly integrated with our local community is important to us and our clients. Our customers know by experience that they can rely on us for sound advice and treatment options and that their pet is in the very best hands with our team.
We are members of the following professional associations and special interest groups
Australian Veterinary Association
Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association
Australian Equine Veterinary Association
Australian Association of Cattle Veterinarians
Chartered Member of the Australian Veterinary Association